An application for admission may be submitted either by mail or in person. All applications must be submitted to the appropriate campus of the applicants choice.
TOUR OF FACILITIES
Those interested in applying for admission in the PROFESSIONAL PILOT PROGRAM are encouraged to phone ahead and book a tour of our facilities. While on the tour, they will meet some of the instructors and view the aircraft that they will be training on. The Course Calendar and promotional material should be obtained and read carefully to understand what the program offers.
The Chief Flight Instructor (CFI) at the campus will conduct interviews of all interested applicants. You are encouraged to ask questions about the program at this time. Feel free to inquire about the services available to students.
Interested applicants are required to complete the application form for the program of interest. Those that meet the admission requirements will be accepted into the program based on admission priority.
APPLICATION FOR ADMISSION DEADLINES
Due to the large volume of applications and specific admission requirements, students are encouraged to apply early for the program(s) of interest. Applications will be received until the programs are full.
SUGGESTED PROGRAM DEADLINES
PROFESSIONAL PILOT PROGRAM … 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO START DATE
PRIVATE PILOT LICENCE…………… ENROLMENT ONGOING
NIGHT RATING………………………… ENROLMENT ONGOING
VFR OVER THE TOP RATING ……… ENROLMENT ONGOING
MULTI-ENGINE RATING ………………2 MONTHS PRIOR TO START DATE
INSTRUMENT RATING ………………. 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO START DATE
COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENCE …… ENROLMENT ONGOING
INSTRUCTOR RATING ……………..… 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO START DATE
* Additional courses may be offered if interest warrants – please consult with EXCEL FLIGHT TRAINING INCORPORATED.
1. Students are responsible to ensure they are medically fit to participate in the program they select
2. All programs offered have specific medical requirements. Students will be advised of these requirements at the time of application and/or before final acceptance.
3. Students with serious medical conditions, eg handicaps, epilepsy, hemophilia, are asked to consult their physician before committing to a program to ensure that their condition will not medically affect their performance.
4. Students are urged to get immunized for Mumps, Measles and Rubella before coming to EXCEL FLIGHT TRAINING INC. Tetanus and Diphtheria boosters should be taken every ten years. Check with your local Health Unit.
Students will be advised of their acceptance and will also be informed if they need to submit additional documentation.
Students admitted to EXCEL FLIGHT TRAINING INC, and who are required to take a specific course as the basis of admission, are eligible for dismissal from EXCEL FLIGHT TRAINING INC if in that one mandatory course their academic performance is unsatisfactory, or their behavior and/or attendance is unsatisfactory.
EXCEL FLIGHT TRAINING INC reserves the right to reject applicants for admission on the basis of medical reasons and/or other grounds, even if they technically meet the entrance requirements.
A student who has previously withdrawn, either voluntarily or upon the request of the school, must submit a new application form for all programs. Readmission is subject to all other admission regulations.